This Ramp Agent will be accountable for loading and unloading of the goods transported aboard aircrafts according to the airline companies standards and in compliance with the safety regulations.
- Work in a team to load and unload baggage, cargo, mail and commissary, whether palletized, containerized and/or bulk loaded from aircrafts with ground airport equipment.
- Inspect baggage for proper tagging and scan baggage tags.
- Respond to and clear baggage jams.
- Operate position, remove, connect and disconnect ground power and air start units.
- Perform the function of aircraft marshaller.
- Drive airside vehicles: baggage tractors, trucks, etc.
- Service water and toilet systems of all aircraft.
- Any other duties associated with the job classification.
REQUIREMENTS / SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- High school diploma or equivalent· Minimum age: 18 years old
- Work experience in the airline field, an asset.
- Hold a valid driving licence, essential.
- Hold an airside permit, an asset.
- Available and flexible to work on various shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays), by operational requirements.
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms).
- Work under various climatic conditions.
- Must be able to pass security clearance and obtain the restricted area identity card (RAIC) (please refer to Transport Canada website for more details).
Must have either Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Employment Equity Act to perform the essential functions.
Servisair values diversity in the workplace and is committed to employment equity by encouraging applications from the following designated groups: women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Go back to search
- Job Code YVRRA03042013NL - CAN
- Deadline 12 May 2013
- Salary $10.25 per hour
- Hours20 hours per week (minimum)
- TypePart Time
- Role TypeGround Handling - General (At Airport)
- Are you able to complete a Satisfactory Background Check?
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- Are you available and flexible to work on various shifts: days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays (operational requirements)?
- Do you have a valid driver's licence?
- Do you have either Canadian Citizenship or Landed Immigrant Status?
- Can you provide evidence of employment/education including any gaps for the past 5 years?
- Are you capable of lifting objects that can reach up to 70lbs (32 kilograms)?